Graboid Community

Uploads getting less and less

View previous topic :: View next topic  
larrys01

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Uploads getting less and less Reply with quote

For the past few days, I've noticed that new content has been diminishing. I used to go through 4 pages (100 items per page) of uploads before I got to where I left off the previous day. This morning, there were only 2 pages of new stuff. Anyone else encounter this? Anyone know the reason why?
lynzey521

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Less uploads Reply with quote

Yes I agree. I'm barely going thru 2 pages before it starts repeating.
kshutch
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has its ups and downs. But there has been a definite downward trend for years now.

Nothing can be done about that though. It is not Graboid specific, it is just the state of usenet (where the files are).

As usenet got more popular, more creators started looking to get the content removed. Many uploaders to usenet have quit, and many files get DMCA'd by the creators or any of the massive companies working on behalf of creators.

That is just the truth of it. I am not going to spin a tale that the good ol days are coming back. There is to many laws in place and to many people actively removing content to ever get back to the point of prior content.

Every form of online content like this changes over time.
lynzey521

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I understand all the usenet/DMCA stuff.. I think we were wondering if there were some tech issues going on.. or at least i did. Usually there's content and yes some broken files.. but the overall content has been less these past few days.
kshutch
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think there may be an issue, certainly email support@graboid.com.

I cannot say if there is, but I would not expect there to be one based on less showing, feed issues in the past have affected most if not all content. I could be wrong though. I can check individual titles to see if they made it to usenet but not Graboid, but I cannot check the entirety of the feeds (I do not know of any service that offers that) and only Graboid can check any logs on the Graboid servers.
larrys01

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concern is the sudden and extreme drop off of content over a period of a very few days. Less than a week. This is not a gradual process. It brings to mind the problem Graboid had a while ago one December when we all had to switch to the latest version because the earlier versions were not unpacking properly anymore. At that point, my download speed dropped by two thirds and Graboid even removed the logon screen that says, "Download videos faster than ever when you upgrade to the latest version of Graboid." That was a sudden change like this loss of content appears to be.
Darkman223
G Mod

Location: Guarding the door for Hades, but I'll be glad to let you in.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I can not look into every show or movie, most have ended their seasons for the Summer. That alone counts for a huge decrease in available content. The show makers simply do no have anything made, therefore uploaders can not upload what is not there. Also, people take vacations. It is likely the uploaders are just away. You will probably see the Summer replacement shows start filtering in soon, if not already. Summer is always a slowdown in content.

Dark's DVD Burning Pages
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graboid Community Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: